- Is defined as "leisure activities in conjunction with business travel. Business tourists are less cost-sensitive than leisure tourists, spending on average twice as much per day."
- "Gives travelers a chance to learn about local food trends, cooking techniques and food history."
- Includes travel for the purpose of attending "study tours, cultural tours, festivals, museums and performing arts shows."
- Is defined as "responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment and sustains the well-being of the local people."
- "Is where people who live in one country travel to another country to receive medical, dental and surgical care while at the same time receiving equal to or greater care than they would have in their own country, and are traveling for medical care because of affordability, better access to care or a higher level of quality of care."
- Faith-based travel includes pilgrimages, leisure trips, getaways, adventure and active travel, conferences, events, missions, humanitarian trips and more.
- "Is traveling from one region, country, state, etc. to another in order to watch a sports competition or game."
- "Allows the traveler to maintain, enhance or kick-start a healthy lifestyle, and support or increase one’s sense of wellbeing."