Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Types and Sizes of Ships
8 Kinds of Cruise Ships:
- Mainstream -- most common and most well known type of cruise ship that fits the needs of the majority of passengers
- Mega -- can accommodate more than 5,000 passengers
- Ocean -- built to withstand the harsh conditions of the ocean for long or world cruises
- Luxury -- equipped with the most sophisticated and technologically advanced systems
- Small Cruise -- can accommodate up to a few hundred passengers
- Adventure -- designed and equipped to visit remote destinations that are inaccessible to larger vessels
- Expedition -- might be outfitted with icebreaking hulls or special sonar equipment. This type of cruise can be especially useful to photographers, wildlife biologists, anthropologists, etc.
- River Cruise -- can accommodate up to a few hundred passengers and are designed to navigate rivers and inland waterways