Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Process Analysis vs. Demonstration
Process Analysis explains how something works or how to do something.
Demonstration explains while demonstrating how to do or make something, or how something works.
When writing your speech...
Things to consider when writing a process analysis/demonstration speech:
- Have I chosen the best starting point?
- What does my audience already know about the process or idea?
- What terms will I have to explain to my audience?
- Have I been specific enough about the details?
- Would someone who has never had experience be able to follow my speech, then perform and/or explain the process and idea successfully?
Measuring Solids and Liquids (Demonstration)