Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Click on the link below to download a copy of the class assignment.
Hints for doing research for this project:
- Use the yellow tabs labled find books, find articles and websites to find sources for this project.
- Use the reserve books at the library when doing ingredient research. They will have background information on ingredients as well as basic recipes. A list of reserve books can be found under the 'Find Books' tab.
- Search the library catalog using the 'Advanced Search' function. Limit the search to only J&W, N. Miami.
- Find the history of ingredients, recipes and general information articles in the library databases. There is a list of suggested databases under the 'Find Articles' tab.
- Ideas for recipes can be found on the web. Some web resources are listed under the 'Websites' tab. Be sure to evaluate any other websites using the evaluation criteria found on the 'Websites' tab.
- Don't forget to cite your sources in MLA format! Use the MLA citation tab on the screen. Another great citation tool is the Purdue University Owl website.