Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- What audience is it trying to reach?
- Is it scholarly or popular?
- Is there advertising?
- Can the author be identified?
- Is there contact information available?
- What is the domain? .edu, .gov, .org, .com?
- If connected to an organization, what is their mission?
- Are there references?
- Are there statistics?
- Does the site have any typos?
- When was the site published? Is there a created date?
- Does the site indicate when last updated?
- Are there dead links?
- Does the site present many opinions or facts?
- Is the site sponsored? By a company or organization?
- Is the advertising clearly separate from the content?
- Is the site easy to understand?
- Is the site easy to navigate?
- Is there a table of contents or site index?
- Does the site offer a search box?
- Do the graphics add to or detract from the site?
- Is this site a well-documented source of information from a reputable author or organization?
- Would this be a good source of information for a research paper?